The Washtenaw County Solid Waste Division and community partners will be sponsoring two Environmental Clean-Up Days for Washtenaw County residents this spring. The Clean-Up Days will take place:
• Saturday, May 9, 2015, from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. at the Western Washtenaw Recycling Authority’s Materials
Recovery Facility, located at 8025 Werkner Road in Chelsea.
• Saturday, June 13, 2015, from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. at Whitmore Lake Middle School, located at 8845 Main Street in Whitmore Lake.
The events are free, but there is a suggested $10 donation per car to help decrease disposal costs and to help maintain this community collection. These events provide an opportunity for residents to dispose of many unwanted household items in a safe and sustainable manner.
Numerous household materials can be brought to these events, including:
• Traditional recyclable materials (plastics, glass, aluminum, cardboard, paper)
• Scrap metal
• Freon appliances (air conditioners, refrigerators, etc.)
• Household hazardous wastes (cleaning supplies, motor oil, pesticides, mercury, paint, etc.)
• Electronic equipment (computers, televisions, toasters, etc.)
• Sharps (diabetic needles, etc.)
Residents may bring up to four tires for free; a $5 donation is suggested for each additional tire. Residents can also bring one television, Freon-containing appliance or computer, but a $10 donation is suggested for each additional item.
This is a service for Washtenaw County residents only, funded and coordinated by the Washtenaw County Solid Waste Division of the Office of the Water Resources Commissioner, Washtenaw County Public Health, Western Washtenaw Recycling Authority, City of Chelsea, Dexter Township, Lyndon Township and Northfield Township. All Washtenaw County residents are welcome and encouraged to attend. This collection is intended for residential use only – please, no businesses.
For more information, please visit http://recycle.ewashtenaw.org or call the Washtenaw County Solid Waste Division at
Click here for a printable flyer