Public Hearing: Medical & Recreational Marihuana Zoning Ordinance Amendments
The Northfield Township Planning Commission will hold a public hearing at the request of Northfield Township, 8350 Main Street, Whitmore Lake, MI 48189 to propose amending Northfield Township's Zoning Ordinance to accommodate Medical and Recreational Marihuana uses in the Township:
- Article II - Definitions, Section 36-29 - Definitions, and
- Article Ill - General Provisions, Section 36-64 - Home Occupation, and
- Article VI - AR - Agriculture District, Section 36-1 57 - Conditional Uses, and
- Article XI1 - WLD - Whitmore Lake District, Section 36-340 - Uses Permitted, and
- Article Xlll - LC - Local Commercial District, Section 36-364 - Conditional Uses, and
- Article XIV - GC - General Commercial District, Section 36-391 - Conditional Uses, and
- Article XVlll - LI - Limited lndustrial District, Section 36-510 - Conditional Uses, and
- Article XIX - GI - General lndustrial District, Section 36-533 - Conditional Uses, and
- Article XXll - RTM - Research/TechnologylManufacturing District, Section 36-638 - Conditional Uses, and
- Article XXlV - Supplementary Regulations and Standards, Section 36-729 - Medical Marihuana Caregivers, and
- Article XXlV - Supplementary Regulations and Standards, Section 36-738 - Standards for Marihuana Establishments and Facilities
The public hearing will be held on Wednesday, March 20, 2019 at 7:00pm on the second floor of the Northfield Township Public Safety Building, 8350 Main Street, Whitmore Lake, MI 48189. The application is on file at the Northfield Township Building/Zoning Department, 8350 Main Street, Whitmore Lake, MI 48189, and may be reviewed Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 4:30pm. Written comments may be submitted to the Building/Zoning Department at the Township Hall (8350 Main St.) before 12:00pm on the day of the meeting.
This notice is in compliance with PA 267 of 1976 as amended (Open Meetings Act) MCLA 41.7, 2A (2) (3) and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Individuals with disabilities requiring auxiliary aids or services should contact the Northfield Township Offices at 743-449-2880 seven days in advance.
If you are unable to attend the meeting, you can watch live on Charter Channel 191. All Board of Trustees, Planning Commission and ZBA meetings are also recorded via Livestream and can be viewed using our Township account. https://livestream.com/accounts/1160710