Northfield Township is now accepting bids for Snow Removal for the 2018-19 season. Included is a list of the different areas owned by the Township that would require snow removal services:
- Parking Lots: There are four (4) township owned buildings with parking lots. These lots would need to be plowed and/or salted as follows - plowing when snow is 1.5” or more, salting when snow is less than 1.5” and as needed throughout a storm.
- The need for plowing is to be determined by the Northfield Township Public Safety Director or Township Manager on an as needed basis. Approval will be required from the Public Safety Director or Township Manager prior to plowing and/or salting. This is typically done through phone call or text message.
- Emergency vehicles must be given priority.
- Fire Station 2 has a front lot and a rear lot. The rear lot does not require plowing with every snow fall. The Public Safety Director will determine when the rear lot requires plowing.
- Sidewalks: There are several sidewalk areas owned by the township that require clearing and salting as follows - clearing when snow is 1.5” or more, salting when snow is less than 1.5” and as needed throughout a storm.
- There are three (3) wooden bridge sections to the Non-Motorized Path along Barker Rd. The wooden bridges are not to be salted. These sections of the path are to be brushed or blown when snow fall is two (2) inches or greater.
- Must own all equipment needed to accomplish the job.
- Must provide proof of liability insurance showing property damage and public liability coverage in an amount not less than $1,000,000, showing Northfield Township as additional insured. The proof of insurance must be submitted with your sealed bid.
- No less than 3 references from people who have used your services included with your bid.
- Sealed bids must be received by the Township Manager by 12:00 pm on Wednesday, October 17, 2018. Bids will be considered at the Township’s Board of Trustees meeting on October 23, 2018.
The Northfield Township Board of Trustees will review the bids at an Open Meeting on Tuesday, October 23, 2018 at 7:00PM. At this meeting, the Board will determine the desired length of the contract, and if the contract pricing will be on a “per push” or “per season” basis. The bid will be awarded to that responsible, responsive bidder whose bid, conforming to this solicitation, will be most advantageous to the Township, price and other factors considered. The Township reserves the right to accept or reject any or all bids, in part or in whole and to waive informalities and minor irregularities in bids received.
Questions can be directed to the Northfield Township Manager, Steven Aynes at (734) 449-2880 ext. 12. Appointments to view the township’s properties prior to bid submission can be arranged upon request.
Click Here for the full Snow Removal Bid Form