Washtenaw Urban County - Seeking Community Feedback
Every five years, the Washtenaw Urban County develops a Five-Year Consolidated Plan that outlines the goals for investment of funds from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) to strengthen our local communities, particularly in lower-income areas, with services and projects that include:
- Affordable housing (homeowner and rental);
- Community infrastructure and facility improvements (examples include parks improvements, community center expansions/improvements, non-motorized and accessibility improvements);
- Human services provided by local non-profits;
- Assistance for low- and moderate-income homeowners to maintain their homes; and
- Services for individuals and families experiencing homelessness.
The Washtenaw Urban County is looking for ideas and feedback for consideration in the development of the 2018-22 Five Year Consolidated Plan, as well as the 2018 Annual Action Plan (which will be developed concurrently with the Five Year Consolidated Plan). The Consolidated Plan will apply to projects and programs to be carried out during the period July 1, 2018 - June 30, 2023; the Annual Action Plan will apply to projects and programs for the one-year period of July 1, 2018 - June 30, 2019.
RESIDENTS CAN PROVIDE INPUT IN A FEW DIFFERENT WAYS:
- The first option is completing a brief online non-housing community needs assessment survey here <http://bit.ly/2zVo95S>. Survey will close on December 29th.
- The second is by submitting comments or requesting additional information throughout the public comment period that runs through December 29, 2017, by contacting Teresa Gillotti at firstname.lastname@example.org or 734-544-3042. All comments received will be recorded as part of the public comment record.